Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cocktail Queen!

I just love cocktails in summer – Fino in Parkhurst makes the best Mojitos and The Office in Greenside makes an awesome Gingerbread Mule! But I digress… Last weekend after a bit of “cocktail hopping” around Jozi, I realised how hectically expensive it can get. So, this December holiday, I’ve decided to perfect a few fab cocktails recipes at home and impress my friends! It’ll be such fun to experiment and won’t break the bank.

Meanwhile, lucky for me, a Grey Goose vodka cocktail recipe book crossed my desk (Grey Goose is a premium voddies made in France and cocktail drinkers are its biggest fans).
So I thought, why not share these fab ideas? Then we can all be sipping on cocktails like the rich and famous. Here are my three personal favourites and I hope you enjoy making them and drinking them. Nasdrovia!

1. GOSSIP GIRLS

Ingredients
35ml Grey Goose vodka
1 bar spoon castor sugar
6-8 blueberries
30ml pomegranate juice
Squeezed juice of half a lime

Method
Muddle blue berries with castor sugar, add the vodka and top up with pomegranate juice in a tall glass. Fill with ice cubes and stir. Top with berries.

2. SA IDOL

Ingredients
35ml Grey Goose vodka
35ml rooibos honey
Squeezed juice of a full lemon
Soda water

Method
Take the rooibos honey and stir into a large measure of Grey goose vodka, then add freshly squeezed lemon juice and top with soda. Stir again for perfection!

3. VAMPIRE DIARIES

Ingredients
30ml Grey Goose vodka
6-8 red grapes
35ml rooibos honey
15ml fresh lemon juice
50ml Sauvignon Blanc

Method
Muddle grapes with rooibos honey in a cocktail shaker, add all other ingredients, then fill with ice cubes. Now shake until chilled and strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with two grapes on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment